We are here to help you and to provide a service to the community. Children must have a Internet permission form signed by a parent or guardian before using the public computers at the library. For a complete copy of the policy or to sign up to use the computers, come by the library at 301 N Prouty in Watonga.
Internet and Wireless
The staff is trained and willing to help you. Please ask for help as needed.
Unacceptable uses include, but are not limited to the following:
- Downloading or printing of copyrighted or illegal material.
- Any activity that violates the Watonga Public Library Personal Conduct policy.
- Harassment of other library users or staff by any means.
- Destruction or damage of equipment or other library property.
- Any illegal activity as defined by federal or state statute.
- Minors (anyone under the age of 18) also agree to the following rules:
- Never give anyone personal information such as address, phone number, etc.
- Never agree to meet anyone you have met online.
- Never send a photo or other personal information to anyone you do not know.
All Internet access (including wireless) at the Watonga Public Library will be filtered. The intent of the filter is to protect adults and minors from a) visual depictions that are obscene, b) child pornography, and c) that which is considered harmful to minors (with respect to use of the computers with Internet access).
The presence of filtering software does not guarantee that ALL offensive sites will be blocked. Parents are encouraged to talk to minors about Internet Safety. The user will not hold the library or the City of Watonga responsible for the content or availability of material on the Internet. Parents who are concerned about their children’s activity online should monitor the child’s Internet session.
Any questions regarding the filter or this policy should be directed to the Library Director.